My Books...

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Day 4...You Wake Up When??














Welcome to Day 4


4:30.  A.M.

Yup that's my normal wake up time, just about every morning.

The house is quiet and it's the perfect time for me to write.  I call it my power hours.  In fact, between 4:30 a.m. and 7 a.m. I'm like Wonder Woman - I write, I edit, I brainstorm and execute marketing ideas, I workout, I get dinner prepped, I do laundry.  My focus and execution is off the charts.

And when I get into that kind of zone, everything else in my day seems to work better.

This morning I worked on a couple of different scenes on my Chalkboard - I started with 5828 words ended with 6703.  875 words - not bad for 90 minutes.

I added a couple more ideas to my marketing spreadsheet and after finishing the edit review on Deadly Shadows, I did a new upload to Amazon.

I'm all in, a morning person so it's easy for me to show up and get things done.  Maybe you do better at night. The key is finding the time that works best for you and then building in a steady routine of writing.  A steady routine...

Speaking of routines, here's another one I do pretty much every morning....





2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar mixed with 8 ounces of water, followed by a kale, blueberry, banana smoothie.

The apple cider is a bit tough (I down it quick like a shot) but check out all these benefits and these other great uses.  (I haven't had a cold in years)

As for the kale smoothie...you can read about all those benefits here

And let's not forget...Today's Take away  Lesson...

Routine is good.  Finding your power hours and building a writing routine around them is even better.  That's what will get take from dreaming about writing a book to a finished manuscript.

(BTW...past 8 p.m. I'm a bit useless.)

Here's to Being All In,

Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment